Thursday, February 21, 2008

With Some Help From My Friends

I never realized how much effort and energy it took to write a book until I began writing 'The Luo Shu Oracle'. Years ago I believed one could write a book on their own by simply sitting down and jotting down what they wanted to publish and sending it off to the publishers and then sit back waiting for the money to roll in. How absurd ! The last few years have given me a glimpes into the realities of writing and I can certainly say, "it ain't all that it's cracked up to be". There is no way one can do it on their own...absolutely impossible. I am fortunate to be surrounded by some of the best people that heaven could bestow on a person. I often-times wonder how I got to be so lucky to have the friends I have. I hope and pray that I can return to them what I have been given. When writing the book I learned more about the value of friendship and I give continual thanks for all the support I have received. To list the people I owe a debt of gratitude in helping my dream manifest into reality would make this quite a long post but I do mention them in the beginning of my book.

One person I would like to thank at this time is Nina Russo who designed the cover of my book. Nina is an extremely gifted and talented artist whose eye for detail is extraordinary. Her art and photography work in my opinion is breath-taking. I have seen some of her many creations and her talent never fails to amaze me. Originally I had a completely different book cover in mind and when Nina took the time to explore the different options my ideas were pale in comparison and we of course went with her designs. She was relentless and untiring in her efforts to make sure to get just the right look for the cover. Her eye for intricate detail was incredible, to the point of patiently waiting for the exact sun shadow angle to shine through the window before snapping pictures for the cover. You can notice this on the book cover picture. She snapped pictures from every angle and from different heights and positions. For me it was a great pleasure to see a true artist at work. She asked nothing in return for her unselfish and untiring efforts. How can you possibly repay someone for that. Thank you Nina...for everything.

I am listing Nina's website for anyone who may want to take a look at some of her beautiful work. I would not hesitate in recommending her for any type of art, photograpy, or advertising concerns you may have. Take a peek at her site by clicking on the following link :

http://www.ninamrusso.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,
Indeed Nina did an amzing job.
I took a look at her gallery - absolutely breathtaking! Stunning!
Best wishes to you & all your friends (teachers included) :-)

Michelle