Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Payin' The Piper

If you try to grab for too much
the one you'll hurt is thee
so it's best to understand
that nothin' comes for free
If things always went my way
Ahh...wouldn't it be nice
but I'm learnin' everyday
that every service has a price.

The lyrics above are the partial words to a long poem I wrote to myself when I was a teenager. Those words ring just as true for me today as they did all those years ago. Back then I understood these words from the perspective of survival...today I percieve them from a metaphysical point of view where the yin yang polarities are of utmost importance. I also had another saying that was part of that poem that I never forgot..."If you're gonna pay the Piper, be prepared to pay him twice". I have paid the Piper many times in my life and up until my mid twenties I never got anything in return. I felt like I was getting screwed. Kinda like most people feel when they deal with religions and governments. It's all give and no take...all Yin and no Yang. Of course we're doing all the giving and they're doing all the taking. This type of imbalance will no doubt cause all sorts of inner and outer stresses that we would do much better without. We don't always pay the Piper through finances, but through many other clever manupulations that the Pipers of the world have created. We always seem to be on the short end of it. Well, I finally learned how to beat the greedy Pipers at their own game before I reached the age of thirty, but to be honest I have to admit that I still fall victim to their schemes every now and then. So I can say that in the past I was able to get an occasional glimpes of what it was like to break free from the mighty grip of the 'reaper' whereas today I get an occasional glimpes of what it is like to NOT break free. This is a big, big difference. Most people, however, will never understand the difference because they have become accustomed to the enslavement they have fallen into. It is like becomming comfortable with being imprisoned and refusing to leave when you finally have the chance. Oh yes, people have made the Piper their prison warden and what model prisoners we have all become. We allow the Piper to have full domination and dictate to us what we should eat, think, feel, etc. The Piper takes on many forms and wears many faces including........priests, masters, gurus, teachers, and many others. There are the Pipers and the Puppets of the world. And sometimes Pipers become Puppets of even bigger Pipers. It can get confusing. So you're probably wondering if there is a solution to the problem and of course there is because I would have to say that every problem has an innate solution built into it. In fact, the problem and solution are created simultaneously and are really two sides of the same coin. There is a master key (and I don't mean a Feng Shui master, I mean true masterism) that will open every prison door you or others have created for yourself and it will never fail you if you understand it intimately and deeply. This MasterKey is called : OBSERVATION and SURRENDER. There is a difference between surrendering to Pipers and surrendering to yourself. I'll leave it up to you to understand it at the level that will give you your ultimate and truest freedom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuc* all the pipers !

Rocky

Andy Nicola said...

Ha ha ha ha ! ! ! ! Amen brother Rocky. I couldn't have said it better myself :-) Take Care.