Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mission Accomplished !

Two days ago I received a call from the printers of my book who invited me to take a look at the finished product before they began mass producing the work. I sat at a private table and patiently went through the almost 400 pages and was very happy with the way the charts, diagrams, and text turned out. Aside from a few minor details that were quickly addressed, I was pleased with the results. When I stepped outside I looked toward the sky and breathed a huge sigh of relief and thought to myself " Wow ! Mission Accomplished!"



It reminded me of the days I used to run 15 miles in the hot summer sun and by mile 14 I was sure I was gonna die. Every step seemed like a hundred yards and took every ounce of energy I had. I would never quit though, and by the time I finished my 15 mile run my legs felt like rubber poles. The feeling however, was incredible. A big relief. A spiritual high unparalleled to anything I could have imagined. That's why I never needed to drink or do drugs...I got high from running.



The completion of "The Luo Shu Oracle" is a satisfying accomplishment in my life and took more energy than THREE of my 15 mile runs. I am drained, but the 'high' is indescribable. All the time, energy, efforts, and sacrifices that went into the writing of the book has left me a bit exhausted and I will gladly spend a little time lying in the sun and walking in the park. I will be relaxing for a month or so before going on the road and fulfilling my obligations to certain individuals who have scheduled some book signings and promotional tours. I am hoping it is in my destiny to be able to circulate the book to many interested in metaphysics. The book is not for me. Almost all the proceeds from my book will be given away. My greatest joy wil be in making a contribution in the field of Chinese metaphysics. A contribution created from many years of study.......a study and learning of true passion and bliss.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take some time to uwind my friend. You efforts will be rewarded. Take a well deserved break.



TGB, from the old coutry (I think you know who I am)

Andy Nicola said...

Of course I know who you are paisano. How could I forget :-) Say hello to everyone.

Ciao

Andy

Anonymous said...

My congrats to you, Andy! Well done!

Andy Nicola said...

Quahbkc -

Thank you very much for your genuine support. Very Best Wishes Always.

Andy

Harmen Mesker said...

Hi Andy,

Any idea about the price? Can I pre-order?

Best wishes,

Harmen.

Andy Nicola said...

Hello Harmen -

The price will be 49.99 for a double stitched and threaded Hardbound copy, and 39.99 for a Paperback copy. The book is very close to 8 1/2 X 11 in size to make the many charts comfortable to work with and visualize. It consists of close to 400 pages. The pages are high-quality heavy stock paper for both editions. The book can be ordered on my website that will open in about one week or through the mail ( I give the mailing address on the website). I appreciate your interest in the book and I honestly believe you will find it very valuable.

My Very Best To You Always

Andy

Tony_Tan@Harmony said...

Dear Andy,

My most sincere congratulations to you.

Again, as I said in my previous email reply, I tried to be learned as far as I can, but you are original.

Awaiting the moment your work is available.

Truly,
Tony

Andy Nicola said...

Hello Tony -

It is so very nice to hear from you. Thank you for your kind words...they are taken to heart. When the printing process is completed, I should have perhaps a couple of months to relax before going on the road to various bookstores. I would consider it my great good fortune if we will be able to have a few chats within those couple of months. Take care and the very best to you my friend.

Andy