Friday, May 23, 2008

Book Update

Yesterday I took a drive to the warehouse owned by the printers who are working on my book to pick up the first batch. They put the boxes of books in the car and my car took a 'dip'. One of the guys said, "I hope you don't have to drive far because those books will put a drain on gas mileage, and at $4.00 a gallon it won't be much fun". The original plan was to have the printing company deliver the books in a big van but I didn't want to wait for them so I drove out myself. In 4 days I will pick up another load of books. Then in a week and a half another very big load. I also put in another order for more prints. Wow! Those boxes are heavy. Who needs to work out in a gym, just write a book and go pick up your merchandise. You'll wake up with a sore body I can assure you. Well, I will spend the next few days taking inventory on the books and looking them over to make sure none are damaged. I am waiting for the printers to finish the jacket covers. Once I add the covers they will be ready to ship. The books turned out absolutely beautiful. Very high quality. Everyone who has seen them gave the printers and binders the highest compliments. The books are put together very sturdy and when the binder first told me they would easily last over 100 years I thought he was joking. He wasn't ! I haven't told many of my friends about the book because I don't want a bunch of misfits hangin around the premises at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning reading The Luo Shu Oracle while I try to get my beauty sleep...he! he! he! just joking. I guess they'll know about it when they read this.

In the next several days there will be some changes to this blog. I now have a Chinese Astrology website and will integrate the blog with it, so I don't have to maintain two separate sites. I will still write blog posts and they will be stored on the website. The site will be much more organized than the blog and there will be opportunities to do much more than can be done on a blog. I will list several charts, tables, and diagrams in the archives that you can view and work with. My nephew is helping me run the site and he is the one who actually built it. I am trying to come up with new ideas to make the site very interesting. It may have an option where you can leave voice messages to each other from anywhere in the world (either private or public messages) and the best part is that it's FREE. No phone bills. This could be a very valuable network for sharing information about Chinese metaphysics with friends or associates all over the world. There are a few other ideas in the plans, so we will see what might happen. Stay tuned.......there are some good times ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

Yeah,good times you are one of a
kind.Any idea where do you plan
to ship your books to? or just
available in US only.

Regards
wong

Andy Nicola said...

Hi Wong -

I think it is better to have a little fun than to always be as serious as a soldier. Masters are creating too many stiff soldiers in the metaphysical field. There's an old song that goes, " I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...the sinners are much more fun" :-)

I will ship my books anywhere in the world. It can be ordered on my website when it opens in a few days. It can also be ordered through regular mail and I will have the mailing address on the site. The Luo Shu methods I mention in my book takes the Day numbers into effect and gives judgments and predictions on a day to day level indefinately. In other words, the book will NEVER expire and your great, great, great, great grandchildren will find just as much use in it as you and I. Anyone who buys the book will be entitled to recieve my Day Number Calendar that gives the day numbers for over one hundred years at no charge. I charge $50 for the calendar. The book will eventually be sold through Barnes & Noble, Borders, Amazon, etc. Although Barnes & Noble has the ISBN information and will order it for a coustomer, I won't release them physical copies for another 6-12 months or maybe longer. They have a way of reaping most of the profits and leaving the author on the short end. That's why I turned down 2 different publishers and decided to self-publish. Take Care Wong and very good to hear from you.